Sunday 13 October 2013

Makeup Haul

Hello again, today's post was meant to be completely different to what it actually is, but I 'accidentally' went makeup shopping yesterday and picked up a few things that I thought I would share with you all.

As soon as I got off the bus, I went straight to Boots.  I was just browsing around, looking at all the offers that were on when I saw Rimmel had an offer where if you spent £10 you would get a FREE Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex Mascara.  I just couldn't resist.
After about half an hour of serious swatching, I finally made my decision.


The first product I picked up was the Professional Eyebrow Pencil.  I've been looking for a good eyebrow pencil for a while and my friend loves this one, and for £2.99 you can't really go wrong.


I got it in the shade '001 Dark Brown' as I have extremely dark hair and my eyebrows are just as dark, I am worrying though because this may be a tad too light for me. I have swatched it below.



 The pencil comes with a brush on the lid which to me, is an added bonus. I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Available here for £2.99

The second product I picked up was one of the new Lasting Finish Colour Rush Lip Balms, which are basically Rimmel's version of the Clinique Chubby Sticks. So many other brands (Soap and Glory, Bourjois, MUA etc) have all brought out their own versions of these, but as there was a deal on, I decided to try out Rimmel's offering.



The packaging is pretty much the same as all the other versions of the Chubby Sticks but I feel like this is a lot more sturdy than some.


After swatching each of the colours on offer numerous times, I chose the shade 'On Fire' as I felt I'd get a lot of wear out of it as this is the sort of colour I usually go for.


As you can see above, this colour is incredibly pigmented.  The above photo is one swipe of it. 
I have been wearing this today and it has lasted a good 5 hours and still counting. 

Available here for £5.99.

The third and final (Rimmel) product that I purchased to bring my final total up over £10 was the most hyped up powder ever, the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.
I am very late on the bandwagon with this, but I've just never gotten round to buying it to be honest but I finally just got so fed up of my incredibly oily skin, that I got it.


Personally I actually really like the packaging, I like being able to see the product but this of course is my personal opinion, others may not like it

I got the shade '001 Transparent' as I do not wish for any coverage, just something to control shine.  It says on the packaging 'Up to 5 hours natural shine control' but on the Boots website it says 'Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder controls shine for up to 12 hours' confused?!
Anyhow, I am looking forward to using this as I have heard so many good things about this and at £3.99, you can't really go wrong.

Available here for £3.99.

Because there was the 'spend £10 and get a FREE Scandal Eyes Flex Mascara' deal, I also got the, you guessed it, Scandal Eyes Flex Mascara.


The packaging, in my opinion is AMAZING. I love the neon green packaging, it just looks so cool and funky? (does anyone even use that word anymore?!)


As of yet, I haven't actually had a chance to try this mascara but I'm really looking forward to it, I mean, 'scandalous volume, no clumps, soft and flexible lashes' what else could you want in a mascara?


Even though I haven't actually tried it yet, I have noticed that the brush is absolutely GIANT. 

I am really looking forward to trying this mascara.

Available here for £6.99 or FREE until the 29th of October if you spend £10 or more on Rimmel makeup.

After my little Rimmel session in Boots, I hopped off to Superdrug to pick up a few more bits and bobs.

My first stop was the false lash aisle as I have a big party coming up and I wanted a pair of falsies. After a while of 'ooh-ing' and 'aah-ing' I chose a pair from Eyelure called the 'Miss Eyelure Olivia Lashlets'.


These lashes are pre-glued as I can not deal with lashes you have to glue yourself, it's a disaster when I try to do them.


I chose these eyelashes because they're nice and thick, but not overly dramatic. I'm really looking forward to wearing these.

Available here for £2.72 (or £4.09 if the current deal has finished)

Finally I went to the MUA stand. I picked up 2 items, both £1 each.

The first item I got was my usual clear mascara that I use for setting my brows.


There's nothing really to say about this as it does what I want it to do and my brows stay in place all day.  This is my 5th tube and it lasts for forever. Absolute bargain at just £1.

Available here for £1.


My final makeup product that I picked up was a lipstick, also from MUA. I love these lipsticks and I think they're an absolute steal at only £1.


I chose 'Shade 13' as I am just starting to venture into the world of bright red lipstick and I didn't want to spend a bomb on one as I didn't know whether it would suit me or not.


This shade is a true red shade with blue undertones.  This is great as it makes your teeth look whiter. I haven't had a chance to test out the wear of this lipstick but oh my god it's pigmented. 


When I swatched this, I just couldn't believe how pigmented it was, the above swatch is with one swipe. I'm so impressed.


The lipstick also comes with a little pot of product at the bottom that you can screw off an use, genius!
I'm very much looking forward to using this lipstick.

Available here for £1.


Finally, you have reached the end of this post. I really hope this wasn't too long and I explained everything as fully as possible. Please leave a comment down below if you'd like me to do a separate post for any of the products mentioned in this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...